Friday, October 2, 2015

Small Changes Big Differnces

        I did a small change that really made a real difference in my class. I used a flip chart  and a number of colored papers and this small change really renewed my class. ALL the learners appeared very engaged and were fully participating in the process at least as far as I was able to observe. I offered a strong presence and had OK facilitation skills.


       I really liked that such a small change made such a big difference. 

I am thinking about  problem-based learning styles, where the teacher is the facilitator and the students are given a real world problem to solve. But, I do not give them problems I give them grammar or comprehension exercises. The student engagement is high. What is good with comprehension is that the students'critical thinking skills are honed. The 4 classrooms I taught this week were vibrant and the students were engaged. 

I am also going to use flip charts and hang them on the walls to make students comment on their first week of the term. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment