Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week Six



A Productive Week but Bunch of Questions:
Engaging Students
The ideas I read about engaging students in the article "Teaching Large Classes: Enhancing Learning by Engaging Students" by are really helpful. Many of them were really new. My way to engage students in class activities was reward and punishment (paying 5 pounds to buy something in the class). The techniques are effective:  routine, variety, pace, individualization, interest, collaboration, concept map, minute paper, concept check, think-pair-share. The whole article includes catch ideas about enhancing students performance via learning by doing and real interaction.
Creating an Interactive Power Point Presentation
I have rarely used PPT in class before, but I made a lot of PPT for my colleagues. After trying my hand at making an interactive presentation, I think about using it in class. I also decided to give my students assignment to create interactive PPT. This will be so valuable as it will teach something new about technology and at the same time improve their English.
Assessment via Blackboard
The article "Blackboard 9: Online Assessment" was very helpful as it introduced me to new aspects of using blackboard namely making assessment. The problem is I do not how to subscribe and whether it is for money or free.

No comments:

Post a Comment