Sunday, August 30, 2015

Plan for the new term



Here is my plan:

In order to create a welcoming classroom environment I will do the following:


  •  Learn their names
  •  Try to offer one-on-one assistance when possible
  • Assign a peer partner
  • Post a daily schedule
  • Be patient
  • Invite their culture into the classroom.
  • Use materials related to the students' cultures
  • Follow established rules 
  •  Be consistent and fair with all students


 I will make the room welcoming by:
  • asking them to create their own posters and put them on the wall.
  •  I will also bring treats.
  • To make the walls welcoming I will put their pictures.
As to the physical arrangement:
  •  I will mostly use the u shape during lecturing and discussion
  • I will use circles while working on group work.

As for building appreciation for others and promoting fairness and respect:

To handle problems:
There will be class rules that they have to follow including:
  • how to deal with others,
  • how to give feedback,
  •  and how to deal with colleagues inside and outside the class.
To build collaboration:
I will make two projects:
  • One at the beginning of the course where they will divide the steps of doing it together and present it together.
  • The second project they will work with different group members on the other project.

No comments:

Post a Comment