Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 10



Throughout the course I learned new things that really play a role in empowering me and my students.

Things I learned that really changed my teaching methods:

1.   Blog
2.   Web Searching
3.   ABCD Model
4.   Delicious
5.   Google Docs
6.   Rubrics
7.   WebQuests
8.   Interactive Power Point
9.   Padlet
10. Nicenet
11. Infinite Web Resources
12. Games
I created a blog, created a delicious links on delicious and created and used Google Docs. I also created a rubric, participated on the padlet, created my own EFL blog, a nicenet class, and was introduced to an infinite number of Web Resources.

I also read about the ABCD model, learning objects objective. I surfed and visited a lot of websites for oral, writing, reading and vocabulary, browsed through materials and read lots of references. I found out some websites are so valuable and useful.
These experiences as so empowering and added a lot to my skills. This added to my self-confidence and asserted the idea that I can do it though I am not that good at technology.

Did I Use what I learned?
No, practice showed I have to introduce students to the new tools slowly as the concept of using technology in education is new to them. I will introduce them to as many tools as I can but in a way that does not overwhelm them.

The project task was so helpful:

We learned about others’ students' projects which had been done before. We described our classes, put our hands on their weaknesses and then decided to create or use a tool that can help solve this problem and improve our method of teaching. Then we moved on to implement and eventually, reflected on what we are doing to improve how things go.

Self- Reflective Process:

I believe I learned a lot via self-reflection. It really helped me improve throughout the course and I decide to reflect upon whatever I do to improve and move forward.


Need More Work on My Own:

I have to familiarizing myself more with the platforms I did the tasks on, read the extra reading material for every week, try to use what I learned,  and try to teach others what I learned . 

How will I Help My Colleagues?

I am really thinking about giving my colleagues a tailored course related to using technology in education. The problem is I have to address those interested in technology or else things will go wrong.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Rasha,
    indeed a very nice reflection, was very happy to learn that you are trying your best to implement what you have learned in the course. Keep going and all the best!!!

    Nice day!!!

    Regards
    Pema
    Bhutan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rasha,

    I can see that you are a very active and passionate teacher. Hopefully we can always share ideas about improving our students with technology. Be in touch!

    Cheers
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rasha,

    Your reflection is really good.

    The tailored course for your colleagues sounds great.
    I am planning to do the same.

    Good luck.

    Best regards,

    Linda, Hungary

    ReplyDelete