Saturday, January 17, 2015

Week Two

It has been a fruitful week with a lot of edifying tasks that I hope I would incorporate in my classes. Here a view of what I did, read, and how I used it or will use it in my teaching.

The search engine trial assignment  and readings made me learn about a lot of new search engines I have not knew about.  I remember a lesson I forgot not sticking to tried and trusted search engines and to be open minded. I decided to give my work mates an idea about the new search engines (I already did this today.) I also decided to give my students an idea about these new search engines and convince them to be open minded and not stick to tried search enginees. I will do this once I start the second term. My students finished first term.

 I did the readings on the ABCD model and I understood I have to put it in mind whenever I have to put in mind the audience, condition, behavior and degree. Bloom taxonomy was linked to the ABCD model. In addition, I decided from now on to try to write objectives or brainstorm them with my workmates and put in mind that they should be specific, simple, built on clear outcomes and to put assessment in mind.


Besides being connected to the the ABCD, I learned a lot of new information related to bloom taxonomy of educational objectives especially the idea that it is divided into three domains: the knowledge based goals, the skills based goals and the affective goals. It hit my mind that I should put the three domains in mind while teaching any class and any class should tackle knowledge, skills and interaction (or dealings) whatever their percentages are.


I was introduced to a very good resource that of Deborah Healey's Attic: Tech Tips and I decided to read these articles whenever possible. Thanks to the internet we can do things according to our own pace.

Still, I have two days to go in which I will work on my ABCD model doing corrections and improvement and do the extra reading and try to plan more on how will I use what I learned in my classes.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment