Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Week One



I finally succeeded in creating my own blog at www.blogger.com. It took me some time though I read the instructions on the pdf. I also used my way of learning trial and error. Along the way I created a google+ account and added a profile picture. I am pleased as I am beginning to learn the language of my students that of technology.

So far the course is inspiring as I did a bunch of new things joining the nicenet, reading the posts of my course mates, and writing my own posts. I feel the course is demanding as I am not good at technology. Nonetheless, I am very pleased as I preaparing myself for the digital age and trying to use the language of many students that of technology. I will try to teach my students how to create a blog as a way to write their thoughts and create a digital print in the digital age. 

I read the extra suggested reading material.

Reading the posts of my colleagues on nicenet was edifying as it broadened my mind and showed me how open minded they are.  

I will try to watch some videos on Friday on the utube about using technology in education. I will also log in on Saturday to read the new posts and comments.
I look forward to reading my course mates blogs and learning through their posts, comments and reflections.

Nice to be enrolled in such a course and having such dedicated course mates.


3 comments:

  1. Dear all, thank you that you that notified me that the link I send on January 7, was broken. I hope you find what I wrote as interesting as what you have written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rasha!
    It is good to know that you are eager to make the most out of this course. I am also looking forward to visiting other teachers' blogs and getting to know diverse aspects of education around the world!

    Best,
    Minjung.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rasha: "If at first you don't succeed, try again" is an old saying in English. It sounds like you did that. Such persistence is the key to technology, even though it can feel quite frustrating at times. Anyway, you have lots of people who can help when you need it, including Russell and I, plus some very proficient peers. We have a great class, and I know you will get a lot out of it. -Robert

    ReplyDelete