Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The article "Getting Teens to Really Work in Class" is interesting. 


The most important thing I learned from the text is that teenagers' brains are still making connections and that is the reason why they tend to have similar behavior (the need for play, social interaction, rest, physical activity, and learn in a low-anxiety environment). Consequently, the activities mentioned in the article can help my students learn content because they are specifically designed to address such traits. 

Regarding these activities, I found three of them to be the most interesting for my groups:

1. Hand-it-in: Because you can not only check grammar, but also you can boost collaborative work, the need for play, social interaction and physical activity.

2. Whiteboards: Because you can check grammar or vocabulary while helping students with the need for play, social interaction and low-stress environment.

3. You choose: I guess this is my favorite because I can give students the option to choose their task (and it is one of my areas of improvement.)

I will apply these three activities because I find them fun and highly productive. In my experience, the more fun students get, the more they learn and engage with the class. The first one, to review simple present content with the app Wordwall because it has a template to write incomplete sentences and participants can give the correct sentence; the second one, to review every day action verbs like (go to school, get back home, etc.) with the app Polleverywhere because you can use it like a whiteboard and have students work in pairs. As for the third one, in order to develop projects. I will give them three possible topics to make their projects.


Thanks for reading!

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment