Monday, February 2, 2015

Flipped Learning




Flipped learning: A New Old Technique for Active Students only:

Without a teacher a student can never learn. 

 What about self education? 

What about learner centered classroom and flipped learning? 

Whether it is watching a video or reading a book, preparing the lesson is a way to prepare the mind to for what the teacher is going to say and do in the class. This preparation helps in increasing the efficiency of learning.

 Students are required to go researching, observing, reflecting and experiencing before school.

Flipping is much more complex than that, and how it looks in a classroom (or at home) varies as much as the teachers, subjects and students they teach. We ask students to do something (read or write or watch or create or brainstorm or think...) prior to coming to class, to make the class time more productive. 

The flip is really about dedicated students owning the learning both inside and outside of the classroom regardless of the tools they may have to work with.

Flipped learning technique is a new approach that has its supporters and opponents. Flipped learning technique requires strong motivation from students, and only those who are interested in learning will be successful, the rest will not only keep the same level of knowledge, but will pull back the classmates.

Flipping has evolved drastically into this new era of technology. What do you think?

Students have infinite resources but do they have the time, the will, the correct planning.

I myself have a lot of resources that I do not have the time to read or practice. I am not that successful as my health is decreasing but my knowledge is increasing. I need to reorganize myself and I have to teach my students  so they would not be overwhelmed.

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rasha,

    I completely agree on the fact that "without a teacher a student can never learn", because teachers play an important role as guiders in the learning process, because they are responsible for the creation of learning situations and environments that motivate students to learn.

    Best,
    Alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rasha,

    I enjoyed reading your reflections on blogspot particularly the one one flipped learning. Keep up the good work, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete